More details have been announced regarding Future Proof, the adult skills and job fair taking place this Friday 8th and Saturday 9th June at University Campus Aylesbury Vale in the heart of Aylesbury. The aim of this event is to inspire, inform and motivate in order to enable progression or change, and will focus on the 19+ age group.
The event should help people of all ages to:
• understand their options and different paths to work, to plan the steps they need to take, and to get from where they are to where they want to go;
• be inspired about new opportunities they might not have known about (or that might not exist yet), or thought they could not achieve;
• understand their own knowledge and skills and how they can be used in the workplace;
• get, hold and progress in a job, whatever their age, ability or background;
• increase the amount they earn across their working lives;
• improve their well-being through doing a job they are good at and enjoy.
For employers there are investing in training and recruitment opportunities:
In addition to prospective learners, the event will aim to inspire employers to invest in training. It is recognised that there are potential barriers to training and learning among small firms due to organisational constraints such as lack of time or limited financial resources, as well as negative attitudes towards employee training, and yet it is vital for business survival and UK competitiveness.
Exhibition Area Zones - Careers/sectors for retraining/up-skilling:
- Accountancy L2-4
- Entry Level English and Maths
- Teaching / LDA
- Health and Social Care – Entry Level up to practitioner/degree apprenticeships
- Construction and engineering
Timetable of events
Morning session 10am-1pm – conference for employers to understand importance of training, accessing training and insight into LMI. Talks from BCG, NCS, BBF, Rupert Waters, Paddy Patterson plus employers inc Angela Spang - June Medical. And those from Flannery Plant and HS2.
Afternoon session 2-4pm – open to public event for employers with vacancies and BCG/BNU/UCAV promoting provision as per zones above to run exhibition stands
NCS Workshops 2.15-3.45pm 3x40mins plus breaks: CV Workshop; Interview Skills; Using Social Media
Open to public from 9:30am-2:30pm
Speakers / Workshops 10.30am-12.30pm
To book your place click here