Research & Development Managers
Managers in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage resources to undertake the systematic investigation necessary for the development of new, or to enhance the performance of existing, products and services.
- Establishes product design and performance objectives in consultation with other business functions
- Liaises with production departments to investigate and resolve manufacturing problems
- Develops research methodology, implements and reports upon research investigations undertaken
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to the research and development team
- Monitors the standards of scientific and technical research undertaken by the research team.
Entrants usually possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, although support may be provided for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £50,000 per annum and can progress up to £54,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 4,552 employed Research & Development Managers in the region.
/ NHS Jobs / 17 Jan 2022
/ Barts Health NHS Trust / 17 Jan 2022
/ DWP Kickstart Scheme / 17 Jan 2022
/ Sterling Stamp Law / 17 Jan 2022
/ Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust / 17 Jan 2022