Welfare Professionals N.e.c.
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of welfare-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 244: Welfare Professionals.
- Provides activities to assist young people develop and fulfil their potential as individuals and within the community
- Advises and supports families experiencing stress or crisis
- Acts as an advocate for and represents individuals and families at tribunals and similar hearings
- Oversees, supervises and provides counselling for the process of adoption
- Mentors and counsels those with mental health problems
- Provides rehabilitation services to individuals
- Manages volunteers and part-time workers, and liaises with other relevant professionals
- Keeps records and controls budgets.
Entry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. Background checks including a CRB check are likely to be required.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £32,000 per annum and can progress up to £36,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 2,107 employed Welfare Professionals N.e.c. in the region.
N/A / NOTIFICATION / 6 Dec 2021