Office supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of those carrying out general administrative and clerical work and performing specialist administrative and clerical duties in relation to finance, records, sales and other services to a variety of commercial, industrial and other non-governmental organisations and public agencies.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of office staff
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet the organisation’s requirements
- Liaises with managers and other senior staff to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet the organisation’s requirements
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entrants will normally have significant relevant work experience and may require professional qualifications in some areas.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £29,000 per annum and can progress up to £30,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 5,857 employed Office Supervisors in the region.
/ Jurys Inn / 20 Nov 2019