Sales supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of sales and related workers in retail and wholesale establishments.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of sales and related workers
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet sales and productivity targets
- Liaises with managers and other departments to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet sales and productivity targets
- Reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.
No minimum academic qualifications are required although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades along with relevant work experience. NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Professional qualifications are relevant in some areas of selling and may be an advantage.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £22,000 per annum and can progress up to £41,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 27,406 employed Sales Supervisors in the region.