This course is for anyone who wants to be a chef in the catering and hospitality sector and it is ideal for learners coming straight from school who seek a career in this industry.
What will I learn?
You will expand your skills and knowledge within the hospitality work environment. Preparation work within the kitchen environment.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Work effectively as Part of a Hospitality Team
- Maintain Food Safety When Storing Preparing and Cooking Food
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
How will I be assessed?
You will assessed by continuous portfolio assessments, online technical certificates and Functional Skills exams.
Full time employment with a suitable establishment and completion of level 1 English and level 1 maths.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Upon completion of this course students can progress on to an Advanced Apprenticeship. Possible promotion into a larger kitchen.
You will be required to purchase a kit and books.