Taking part in a First Aid course can be nerve-racking at the best of times, and with the added concerns regarding COVID-19, the temptation to put the training at the bottom of our ‘To Do list’ is greater than usual, but put it off no longer.
As we all continue to adhere to the guidelines of the ‘new normal’, we at HealthTec would like to share with you the steps we have taken to achieve our ‘new normal’ for delivering First Aid Courses.
- Group sizes have been reduced to a maximum of 8 delegates.
- We have a Track and Trace process in place.
- Each delegate is allocated their own training space – marked out on the floor.
- Each training space has all the equipment needed for the session (no sharing!).
- Every delegate is allocated their own manikin, with new lungs and filters.
- As always, we continue to use face shields when performing mouth to mouth on the manikins.
- In between each session, the non-disposable equipment including the choke vests and manikins are stripped down, sanitized and put into a 3-day isolation period before being used again
- Close contact work is kept to a minimum, but where it cannot be avoided, gloves, aprons and face coverings are used.
- Used PPE and disposable equipment is double bagged after use for safe disposal.