At Buckinghamshire College Group, we’re ambitious about showing schools everything we have to offer, from our array of courses to our well-equipped facilities. The purpose of our School Engagement Officer is to build relationships with local schools, in and around the county, and continuously seek opportunities for students to get an insight into College life.
By providing our services, we ensure your students are able to make informed choices about what is it they would like to study with us, with the aim to enable your students to have the best possible transition and start to their post-16 journey.
Our Schools Engagement Initiative sees BCG organise and undertake visits to schools, as well as co-ordinate visits to the College. Here’s what we can offer your school
- Presentations – to whole year groups or smaller classroom-sized groups
- Parents/options/post-16 evenings – our team can attend your school event, giving parents and children the chance to talk to us about progression to college or an apprenticeship
- Lunchtime/break-time drop-in sessions – we can set up an information stand in the lunch hall or library where pupils can pick up information and ask any questions they may have about courses, entry requirements, open events etc
- Careers fairs – we can set up a stand at your careers fair and even bring curriculum areas with us. This is a great opportunity for students to get advice about the best course to take to fulfil their career ambitions
- Visits, tours, taster sessions and workshops – we are always happy to welcome schools so that students can see for themselves the excellent teaching and resources on offer
To find out more, just fill in the form below to submit your request or arrange a meeting with School Engagement Officer, Shireen Raymond: