Buckinghamshire College Group would like to reassure all staff, students, parents and business partners that it is following the Public Health guidance issued by the Government and its agencies.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that we hope will help reassure you:
How is the College keeping my son or daughter safe?
We are strictly following Public Health England guidance.
What do I do if my son or daughter is ill?
If you believe that your son or daughter may have any symptoms of covid-19, you should keep them at home and call NHS111 for guidance.
What do I do if my son or daughter is told to self-isolate for 14 days?
Please contact the Principal’s Office at the College so that we are aware. Each teaching department is putting plans in place to support their students’ learning if any have to be absent from the College.
What do I do if my son or daughter has an underlying medical condition?
Contact your GP or NHS111 for specific guidance and keep us informed.
What will happen if exams or practical coursework units are disrupted?
We are working with exam boards on contingency plans should this happen. The exam boards will take into account any unavoidable disruption.
What will happen if the College has to close?
The current guidance is that schools and colleges should not close unless specifically told to do so by Public Health England. Should we be told to close, we will communicate directly with you about what is happening and what your son or daughter needs to do. We are developing a range of strategies for supporting our students’ learning should the College be forced to close for any period of time. We also have plans in place should a deep clean be necessary.
How can I support my son or daughter?
- By providing reassurance. It appears that people under the age of 20 are not as significantly affected by the virus as older people.
- If your son or daughter has any concerns about their College work, please ask them to talk to their teachers.
- Encourage everyone to properly follow handwashing and personal hygiene precautions.
- Make sure we have the most up to date contact details for you and your son or daughter.
- Stay up-to-date with the official Public Health England guidance
- Contact your son or daughter’s tutor in the first instance if you have any concerns
Aylesbury Campus - 01296 588 588
Wycombe Campus - 01494 585 555
Amersham Campus - 01494 585 273