This course is ideal if you want to follow a career as an electrician or domestic installer or if you want to go on to university. The qualification will enable you to gain the knowledge and abilities that underpin this discipline. You will need to have obtained the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations.
What will I learn?
You will study a range of units including understanding the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems, the principles of electrical science, electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification and electrical system design.
This course takes place two evenings a week, for two years. You need to successfully complete year one to be able to move on to year two.
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
How will I be assessed?
Practical and written assessments throughout the course, with end of unit exams.
Those students who have successfully completed the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to progress to the 18th Edition or a Level 3 Apprenticeship. Potential career paths include: Electrician, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Industrial Electrical Installer, Project Manager and Self Employment.
Equipment requirements will be agreed with the student at interview.