Buckinghamshire College Group would like to reassure all staff, students, parents and business partners that it is following the Public Health guidance issued by the Government and its agencies.
Update: Monday 14th September 2020
The College takes its commitment to safer learning very seriously. This to let you know that we have reviewed our College risk assessment and will be making the wearing of face coverings compulsory in corridors and communal areas for all staff, students and visitors from Tuesday 15th September.
Face covering are required to be worn before entering the College campus and in the following communal areas:
- Refectory areas
- Learning Centres
Students are not required to wear face coverings in the classroom in line with government guidance.
This is an additional precautionary measure to hygiene and socially distancing measures that are already in place. Please remember to continue to socially distance in communal and outdoor spaces.
There will be some students that are exempt from wearing face coverings, for example people who
- Cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- Are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expression to communicate
If you are not sure if you are exempt, please discuss with your tutor. We have yellow lanyard pin badges available on each campus if you are exempt from wearing a face covering.
We will require you to wear your face covering properly and dispose of safely. This is to reduce the risk of transmission:
- Clean hands before and after touching your face covering, including to remove and put them on
- Store safely in individual plastic bags between use
- Do not touch the front of the face covering during use or when removing it
- Put your face covering on and remove by the elastic or ties
- Dispose of temporary face coverings in black bin waste
- Place reusable face coverings in a plastic bag and take home to wash
- Make sure it covers your nose and mouth and do not wear under your chin
- Remove on entering classrooms/workshop and sanitise your hands
- Put on again as you leave the classroom/workshop and sanitise hands first
We are all becoming increasingly used to wearing face coverings and therefore we expect that most students will already have and carry a face covering. The College does carry a small contingency supply available at main reception for students who:
- Are struggling to access a face covering
- Are unable to use their face covering as it’s become soiled or unsafe
- Have forgotten their face covering
We also have printed and personalised face coverings available at a cost of £4.50 from the CopyShop.
If you have any questions, please contact your tutor or curriculum manager.
Principal and CEO - Buckinghamshire College Group
For further information please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public which is updated daily at 14:00.