We understand that life is different for many people in the wake of Covid-19 and taking on a College course may seem unmanageable... but help is here!
Buckinghamshire College Group are offering a number of course modules to adults for FREE, as part of the government-backed Lifetime Skills Guarantee scheme, enabling you to retrain, upskill or make a career change. The offer is backed by £95 million from the £2.5 billion National Skills Fund, which is financing programmes that both support the immediate economic recovery from the pandemic and help meet future skills needs.
- Age 19 or over?
- Lacking a Level 3 qualification?
- Looking to change career, re-train or upskill?
- Want to learn practical skills?
If yes, we’re able to offer you access to FREE modules towards a Level 3 qualification (equivalent to 3 A Levels) in areas including Health & Social Care, Counselling, Computing and more from May 2021, as part of a government initiative to help you retrain, get qualified and enhance your career prospects. You can complete modules one at a time, making it easier to reach a full Level 3 qualification in a way that suits your lifestyle.
"As we recover from the pandemic, we are focussed on making sure that individuals and businesses can build back better than before.
Throughout our lives we may all need to boost our skills, or gain new ones. These free qualifications will help open doors to better employment opportunities for thousands of adults and support businesses to access the workforce they need to grow.
Our new Lifetime Skills Guarantee promises to help you get the skills you need at every stage of your life. I’d urge all those eligible to see what course they can take from spring next year and start thinking about their next steps."
Gavin Williamson MP, Education Secretary
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- Child Development (Unit 1)
- Children's Health and Well Being (Unit 2)
- Citizenship and Diversity
- Communication in Health and Social Care (CM4)
- Equality and Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care (CM1)
- Human Growth and Development (CM2)
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Play and Learning (Unit 5)
- Principles of Computer Science