The aim of the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is to develop a learners existing knowledge and skills to a professional level in gym instruction, allowing them to become a certified personal trainer.
What will I learn?
Learners will cover:
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health
- Understanding lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients
- Programme design and delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers
How will I be assessed?
You will carry out a range of practical assignments, which will be assessed within a commercial working environment. You will also collate theoretical evidence in the form of assignments, projects and multiple choice online tests.
Level 2 gym-based qualification. A high level of commitment to learning and aspirations to progress into the industry must be displayed.
Progression & Career Opportunities
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates mat-work.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 4 special populations-related qualifications.
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness.
Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, e.g. Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practise sports massage alongside personal training in a health club environment or in their own business.
Cost of Study
This course will run Mondays and Wednesday from 18:00 to 21:30