This is a means-tested capped discretionary fund that may assist students with a variety of course related costs and travel.

The funding available to the college is to help you with the cost of studying and comes from a government body called ESFA (Education and Skills Funding Agency) and is public money.

It will always be conditional on your attendance at college. Payments will be stopped if your attendance goes below 90% the previous week. Whilst we recognise that students face financial pressures, the funding you are applying for is not a right and Aylesbury College has a duty to make sure the funds are awarded fairly and to the students most in need.


You can apply for the 19+ College Support Scheme, if you need financial help to stay on in further education or training and you are not in receipt of the 19 + Advanced Learners Loan.

Buckinghamshire College Group will calculate whether you will receive a discretionary payment, how much you could get, and what it should be used for once you have applied.

To apply, you must be at least 19 years old at the start of the applicable academic year (this is the 31st August). You must also be taking part in full-time or part-time further education or training and your family income must be under £45,000 per year.

How to apply

Please fill in your application carefully.

  • Make sure the bank details are valid, correct and clearly written so payments are not delayed.
  • The student MUST supply a valid email address as correspondence concerning payments will be via email.
  • The student must read, tick and sign the declaration – the declaration includes permission for us to talk to the partner parents, carer’s or guardians about the students financial payments. If this is not ticked we will be unable to discuss the students’ finance.
  • Gather your evidence.

Please note: If you are applying for childcare you will be able to do so on the same application as the 19 + College Support Scheme application form.

This form will need to be filled in by the student and the Childcare Provider before you enrol to save time. For more childcare information please click here.

Please download the application form here. If you have any queries please do contact Student Services - you will find details on our Contact Us Page

Once you have collected all your evidence and the application form is complete, send in your application to the address shown on the form or email it and all your evidence to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


All assessments for the 19+ College Support Scheme will be based on household income and evidence will need to be supplied. An application will not be accepted if it is incomplete.

Please provide photocopies of documents as originals will not be returned or photocopied on your behalf.


If you claim Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit then you must supply all six pages of your Award Notice for this year. If the Student’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits, we need evidence of this.

  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment & Support Allowance (income related)
  • Income support
  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Credit (minimum guarantee)
  • National Insurance Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit


If the student’s partner is employed with a total household income below £45,000 in the current financial year then please supply the following evidence for all working adults.

  • P60 for April  or March wage slip for the most recent year, showing total income to date.

If you are self-employed, we need to see an Accountants Letter stating projected earnings for the latest full financial year or a photocopy of the relevant pages of your Self-Assessment Tax Return along with any additional evidence for your partner’s earnings.


If the learner’s parent(s) or guardian(s) is receiving pension(s), please contact Student Services. See our Contact Us page to find out how.

What happens next?

Once an application has been submitted it will take up to three weeks to process. During this time we ask you not to contact us as we are processing many applications.

Once the application has been assessed, the student will be informed by email of any funds that have been awarded.



In general most Course related payments will be sent directly to the relevant departments. However, occasionally students may be paid directly, so where appropriate; course costs will be transferred to your department or the assigned bank account.

Where appropriate travel costs will be regularly transferred to the assigned bank account.

If you are unhappy with the assessment then you may This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

You are enquiring for...

    Please select a title
    Please tell us your first name
    Please tell us your surname
    Please tell us your date of birth
    Please tell us your email address
    Invalid Input
    Please tell us your postcode
    Please select your highest obtained qualification
    Please tell us how you heard about Bucks College Group
    Please tell us how you heard about Bucks College Group
    Sorry you can only use letters, numbers and traditional punctuation in this box.
    This field is required.
    Invalid Input
    Invalid Input