Buckinghamshire College Group is excited to be able to offer the new Health and Science T Levels from September 2021. This is a two-year programme (or three-year if studying a transition programme) designed with employers to give you the skills that the science industry needs and will be available at Aylesbury and Wycombe campuses.
Industry placements are an integral component within T Levels and are intended to provide students with the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for skilled employment in their chosen occupation and which are less easily attainable by doing a qualification alone.
There will be a Transition Programme (Pre-T Level) for Health and Science.
What will I learn?
Designed and developed in collaboration with employers, this programme is a mixture of classroom and work based learning to give you the technical skills and workplace experience to kick-start your career into the health sector.
You will complete a core technical qualification, occupational specialism in supporting the adult nursing team, and an industry placement of at least 315 hours.
Technical areas of study will include assisting the adult nursing team with clinical tasks and supporting individuals to meet activities of daily living. As part of this study programme, you will develop your maths and English skills, and attend tutorials and Individual Development (ID). All aspects of your study programme will be discussed at your interview.
- Providing person-centred care
- Health, and well-being as well as further science concepts such as human anatomy and physiology, diseases, and disorders.
- Infection prevention and control in health-specific settings
- Managing personal information.
- Clinical tasks such as taking physiological measurements, collecting specimens, applying simple wound dressings, and moving or handling adults.
- Supporting individuals to meet activities of daily living such as nutrition, hygiene, health, and well-being and examining the role of carers in meeting the needs of adults.
- Assisting with skin integrity assessments and with the care and treatment of skin conditions.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a number of exams and project work throughout the programme. You will need to complete all elements to achieve the overall T Level.
5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above including Maths, English and Science
a relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit or Distinction and GCSE Maths and English grade 4 (C) or above
An interview is required to identify suitability of the course.
Progression & Career Opportunities
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to employment, higher education or an Apprenticeship, depending on their chosen Occupational Specialism.
This T Level will equip you with the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training relevant to the T Level. Additionally, this programme will enable you to progress onto a degree in Integrated Mental Health and Social Care or Health and Social Care Practice at University
There will be additional requirement to buy text books, uniforms and pay for some additional, optional courses